Wednesday 7 October 2015

Set in Stone

A friend asked if I would make a wedding card as her husband's to be the best man and she wanted something special.  It's for a group so I had to make it at least A5 sized.  I don't know about anyone else but I get really intimidated by all that space.  Patterned papers aren't really an option as most of mine are 6x6 and there aren't background stamps that big either so I decided on an alcohol inked background using a couple of my favourite colours - sandal, willow, salmon, shell pink and of course gold.  I love these backgrounds, they remind me of polished stone.


I knew I wanted the couple's initials to take centre stage, so I die cut an S, a J and an ampersand using the Sizzix Serif Essentials.  I triple embossed them with pink and gold embossing powders.  Now these letters are quite large and my style can be minimalist but this card just looked empty.  Ironically though, when I searched for a suitable sentiment I ended up having to settle on this tiny sentiment from the WMS Celtic Heritage set.  I layered it with a few Spellbinders Labels die cuts so there was a little more substance to it.  The bottom layer was stamped with the WMS Mini Pinstripe Background and embossed with pink EP.

I knew I needed something for the top right corner and hearts seemed the obvious choice.  I cut one from a stamped (mini pinstripe again) and pink embossed piece of ivory pearl card and another from gold.  These were cut with a very old Ellison Thick Cuts die.  I made a partial cut of one of the hearts so they butted up against each other - I think they look like a bride and groom. !!!


 and on the inside this beautiful die cut heart from the WMS My Heart Die set - triple embossed with pink EP and then double coated with UTEE.  I love how the pink separates after being heated that many times and gives that marble look.


The date was computer generated as I haven't found a date stamp set I'm happy with yet !!!  Pity really as I would have loved to stamp and emboss it in gold.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!