Saturday 30 May 2015

Comic Relief


I had the idea to create a comic strip to showcase this fabulous Kaboom which I stamped and die cut using the WMS Kaboom die set and matching die. So I drew up some rectangles using the Silhouette Studio software and cut this panel with the Cameo.  I embossed it with black embossing powder for extra wow.  I've used the opening lines from the old Superman television series as the story line and I used Wordart in Word to create the text passages using a fabulous font called SF Comic Strip.


I have to admit the WMS Kaboom and Halftone Backgrounds sets are so much fun to play with that I got a little carried away with the background.  The story finishes more simply inside.  It could be either a Father's Day card or a birthday card for a super dad (such as mine who turns 91 next month).


As I was catching up on some blogs the other day, I came across the CAS-ology Week 148 cue card which is story and I thought I'd enter this card in the challenge there even though that background is a little busy.


Thanks for stopping by
Kate

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, love this card idea and how you tell the story, it's great! TFS Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate! Such an awesome idea!! Comic do tell a story. Very creative!!!Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure your card is technically CAS, Kate, but when I started reading, I immediately thought of the "story" word at CASology, so I'm glad you entered anyway. (As far as I'm concerned, you should be a designer!) This is very, very, very clever, so perfectly executed, and simply awesome for a Father's Day or Father's Birthday card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Kate! Love how you've done the 'kaboom' - it totally pops off the card. So love this set...I think it might be on my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card. Love the idea, it's so original. Your dad will love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!