Wednesday 31 December 2014

Heirloom Christmas with a Shiny Red Bow


It may not be your obvious choice of Christmas pattern but I just love the houndstooth background builder die in the WMS Heirloom Patterns set.  For me this pattern is synonymous with shopping at David Jones which is where most of my Christmas shopping was done when I used to live in Sydney.  It was the department store in Sydney and the Christmas displays were AMAZING. I can still remember as a young child going into the city at Christmas time to see the decorated store fronts - it was a simply magical time of the year.

The present is a Sizzix Original die.  I've cut several layers at once so that it stands out more - no problem for the Sizzix Original Dies which can cut very thick layers.   A little glossy accents really made the red bow shine and I think it looks striking against the black and white houndstooth.  The Holly from the Tim Holtz Holiday Lamp Post adds even more festive spirit.

The sentiment from WMS Ornate Ornaments fitted perfectly on this Spellbinders Classic Oval which I matted with a Spellbinders Floral Oval - particularly festive with it's little star border. 

I am entering these cards in the last WMS Fanatics Challenge which closes tomorrow.  Deb and Tara and more recently Kathy, have done a wonderful job creating fortnightly challenges for us die hard WMS Fanatics.   This last challenge is an Anything Goes Challenge so I've spent the last few weeks linking anything I've created during this busy time of the year.  That's not hard when Waltzing Mouse Stamps have some of the most brilliant Christmas sets on the market (and I own most of them) !!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great new year,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. You are on a roll with all your cards and tags, again two super cards. Thank you for joining in with such enthusiasm for the Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge.
    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super submission - I do like the elegant red and black with the touch of green - gorgeous work.
    Thank you so much for playing along with our last Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge. I'm so sorry for the very late comment - Christmas, New Year and illness all intervened!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!