Wednesday 12 November 2014

Seeing Stars


My friend Jo asked if I could make a card for her to give to friends who celebrated turning 40 last weekend.  They're both American and accomplished musicians so I created this card with his and hers shaker stars filled with red, white and blue seed pearls and musical motifs.  The stars and striped DP were also a nod to their American heritage.


The stars were cut using the 2 largest Sizzix Star Framelits and layered up to give a good thickness to allow the shaker elements to move freely. 


The numbers were cut with a PTI die, the Musical motifs were cut with a Memory Box die and the Congrats was cut with a Clearly Besotted die.   Liberal amounts of Glossy Accents were applied to all the elements.  I also punched/die cut 40 confetti stars to go inside the card. 

Shaker cards are certainly much easier to make with die cutting machines and Framelits and Spellbinders dies to do the aperture cutting.  Who remembers the old days of using a craft knife to cut the inside window ???

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, I love the shaker stars! In truth I love everything about this card :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!