Tuesday 27 May 2014

More Sweet Thanks




I needed a thank you card and thought I'd retry a card I made a while ago which used the WMS Candy Wagon set, this time with the aid of my Cameo machine.  As you probably know Claire Brennan of Waltzing Mouse Stamps provides cut files for most of her wonderful stamp designs.  I slightly modified one of the cut files so that it just cut out the window of the candy wagon.  

Firstly I lined up where I wanted my candy wagon to be placed on my card front and then using the eraser removed the outline of the wagon leaving only the window.  I then stamped the image of the wagon onto my card front over the cut out window and stamped the "contents" of the wagon on the inside of the card.

This was so much easier than using the scalpel knife and the finish is so much better.


 I added a strip of spotty washi tape to finish off the card and added a strip to the envelope as well, which was such a quick and easy way to dress it up !!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. It's worked a treat Kate - I have some of Claire's cut files too but I haven't used them yet. Love the blingy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the cut out window. This is a great idea to get more out of your cut files :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!