Sunday 21 July 2013

Amelie rocks


A friend's sister just had her first baby - a little girl and as this occasion merited a special card, I knocked this one up earlier today.  Having three boys I love to get all girlie !!!

The plaid background was stamped with the WMS Cabin Plaid background and embossed with white EP.  The two larger Spellbinders Splendid Circles, a white glitter Spellbinders Petite Scalloped circle and a shop bought pastry doily framed the little tartan rocking horse cut with the Sizzlit Rocking Horse.

Her name was spelt out in white glitter card cut with the WPlus9 Folk Art alphabet (I'm loving this set) mounted on little banners cut with Spellbinders Nested Pennants and strung across the top of the card on pink baker's twine.

The little sentiment is stamped using the WMS Celtic Heritage set and embossed with white EP - I can really recommend this Detail White embossing powder from Stampendous.  Even this tiny, finely detailed stamp embossed beautifully. The little tag is a really old Spellbinders die, which I bought at the same time as my Cuttlebug eons ago.  Sorry, don't know what it's called but I daresay it's been discontinued anyway.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful! so perfectly layered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! So fun to get all girlie! I have a boy and love when I get the chance to make girl things! Thank goodness I have 4 sisters! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!